last post on the UK party leaders has gone out just before the US elections, it's an obvious follow-on to consider what would have been the feedback on Barack Obama and John McCain there.
This is my impression:
- Authenticity: Obama ahead, given more consistency over the campaign
- Vision: Obama ahead, as McCain's differentiation from Bush seems to have reduced
- Hires great people: Obama ahead (Palin, ahem!)
- Resilience: McCain ahead (off the scale)
- Sees what's around the corner: A close tie
- Executes to completion: Too early to call!
I don't think this election is going to be won just on leadership competencies, but I do think Obama's likely stronger showing on a leadership 360, is one of the reasons he received my vote (and those of most of the rest of the world).
If you're interested in this agenda, I recommend the Wayne Turmel (the Cranky Middle Managers)'s insightful post, Two Faces of Leadership, also included in the recent Carnival.