I’ve been having a bit of a break from podcasting over the Summer, but I’ll be back soon. Talking HR will return in October, and its new, sister show, HR Talks Back, kicks off with another interview on 28th September 2010.
This is going to be with Marc Weedon, Sr. Director - Human Resources Polycom - Europe, Middle East & Africa and I’ll be talking to Marc about International HR. The show broadcasts live at 3.00pm BST (tbc) and an archive will be available after this time.
The show also gives you the opportunity to talk to Marc and ask him questions about this complicated aspect of HR. The number to call if you’d like to do this is +1 917 932 1997.
Marc is a senior level international HR generalist who has experience of delivering great HR services (organisation design, recruitment, onboarding, learning and development,performance management, engagement, retention, reward etc.)
- across all functions (R&D, manufacturing, logistics, installation, project management, sales, marketing, tech support, customer service, returns, corporate functions etc.)
- across borders (currently 20 countries in EMEA)
- with and through teams (largest HR team managed = 16)
- in different ownership environments (private, public, US owned, French owned, UK owned, etc).
Job satisfaction for Marc means adding value, getting things done, and playing an active role in the wider HR community. Any spare time is taken up by playing and watching anything involving a ball, reading, cinema and theatre, along with spending time with the family (one wife, two kids, and two cats). Marc is also an active founder-member of the Thames Ditton Tennis Club, and the Keswick Curry Club!
He didn’t mention it in his bio, but I met Marc 15 or so years ago when I worked at West London Training & Enterprise Council, and Marc was a client of mine. He also participated in a HR networking group we set up called Exchange, and he is now a key member of our new social media-enhanced group, Connecting HR.
I’d like to start broadcasting these interviews every couple of weeks, so look out for future shows. And if you think that you’ve got something important to say on HR and talent management, then do please get in touch.
Some more links
- HR Talks Back: Genevieve Glover, Executive Director, HR for AEG Europe: Developing a One Team focus
- The (International) HR Carnival
- SHRM Ohio: Hairpin bends on the freeway - HR in a not quite flat world
- Consulting - Research - Speaking - Training - Writing
- Strategy - Talent - Engagement - Change and OD
- Contact me to create more value for your business
- jon [dot] ingham [at] strategic [dash] hcm [dot] com