Friday 30 November 2012

Top Socially Shared HR Blog

Screen Shot 2012-11-30 at 10.04.54.png  It's great to see Strategic HCM included in this list of the 25 most socially shared HR blogs (those linked to on Twitter, Facebook etc), produced by Bamboo HR.

The top ten socially shared HR blogs on the list are:

 

It was a bit tight though - Strategic HCM came in at #24 out of the 25.

However this once again puts Strategic HCM at the top of the list for the UK and the EU (not though for the whole of Europe as Suzanne Lucas's long running blog, the Evil HR Lady, now produced in Switzerland, comes in at #17).

And I'm lucky to be included anyway because I don't do that much sharing myself - I do think social influence is important, but my main interest is in understanding - and blogging about - this, and helping clients understand what they need to do about it, not necessary being that socially influential myself  - my Klout, Kred and PeerIndex scores are nothing to shout about either.  (By the way I do like the fact that PeerIndex thinks I'm knowledgeable about food - particularly cheese!).

And of course, you don't share my posts much either - in fact you don't even do much commenting here, do you?!  That's OK by the way - I know this blog is read by senior, strategic HR folk who don't tend to do much commenting or sharing on social media - yet.  It's why it's those lists of the most insightful HR blogs that I'm keen to see Strategic HCM included on.

So thanks for my inclusion on this list are probably mainly due to the highly socially influential Willian Tincup and Mike Morrison who do regularly tweet my posts.  Do please keep it up!

And to my other readers, I do appreciate any commenting and social sharing that you do decide to do!

  

  • Consulting - Research - Speaking - Training - Writing
  • Strategy - Talent - Engagement - Change and OD
  • Contact me to create more value for your business
  • jon [dot] ingham [at] strategic [dash] hcm [dot] com

 

Technorati Tags: , , ,

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Jon !
    I saw the Bamboo HR article too and was surprised by the low levels of interaction from readers except maybe for the top 2 blogs of the list - and that's for a list, as you mention, mostly made of US blogs and readers, who are supposed to be more engaged in social media activities.
    It made me feel better about the limited comments and shares I get on my blog too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sandrine. It is interesting, isn't it... comments are shares are important, and I would love to get more too. Having said that, I don't think there's much relationship between the insight provided by some blogs and the extent to which others are shared (though TLNT, Blogging for Jobs and FOT are great examples of both). I'd rather have a blog that influences HR strategies in leading organisations than one which is widely tweeted. And I'd put Compensation Insider in that insight based category too - so I'd be very proud of what you're already achieving.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your comment here (email me your comments if you have trouble and I will put them up for you)