Thursday 30 August 2007

Competition in social media















McArthur's Rant has suggested recently that people are abandoning LinkedIn for Facebook.

One reason that Facebook is winning the war for 'names' seems to be that whilst LinkedIn is about building a network, networking is just the beginning of the relationship with Facebook.

I've not been doing much in Facebook so far, so I hope some of my current LinkedIn contacts also welcome the opportunity to become my Facebook friends.

But what's happened to MySpace in all of this? - it doesn't seem to be getting considered in this debate at all. Even though, according to mashable.com, it's still a more popular social networking site than Facebook even if Facebook has got better key features.

I just hope I don't need to ask all my contacts to become my friends on MySpace as well, or on Spoke, Ziggs etc etc...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comment here (email me your comments if you have trouble and I will put them up for you)