Friday 10 August 2007

Top 22 Programmes for Talent Management

I've just caught up on Bersin's Talent Management Newsletter for August which reviews the firm's research on the Top 22 talent management programmes that drive high business impact.

Bersin's main recommendations are to:

  • Focus first on coaching
  • Take a skills-based apporach to workforce planning
  • Consider re-evaluating competency models
  • Performance management is key - focus on goal-setting and development, not appraisals
  • For sourcing and recruiting, think sales and marketing.


Bersin also find that it is 'processes', not 'systems' that drive results. I agree with this conclusion, but what about (which to me, is even more important) 'behaviours'?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comment here (email me your comments if you have trouble and I will put them up for you)