Tuesday 2 October 2007

HR - it's the Meaning, not the Numbers

Scott McArthur has some great new posts on his blog. Referring to Meaning Inc, Scott suggests that the key challenge faced by HR (HCM?) is to provide an environment in which meaning is created.


I particularly like his post, HR and the business delusion, not just for the drawings, but because I think the post hits the nail on the head: HR may need to have a good understanding of the business and its numbers to gain credibility across the business, but this isn't what enables it to maximise its impact on the business.

In my terminology, an understanding of the numbers are the basis for HRM, not for HCM. But whatever we call this, the future direction of HR an important issue for the HR community to resolve.
See also my posts:


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comment here (email me your comments if you have trouble and I will put them up for you)