Saturday 3 July 2010

Profit at the Bottom of the Ladder

 

Creelman   I hope you enjoyed that little series of posts on putting people first.

I’ve already posted recently on the need to balance competition with collaboration, ie not to get too focused on small groups of talent.

So I thought I’d finish the series with a quick nod to the need to support and development all staff – even those at the bottom of the latter (particularly if they’re really at the top of the pyramid!).

I’ve not read this book, but I enjoyed David Creelman’s review of Jody Heymann’s Profit at the Bottom of the Ladder.  It’s available here.

 

Previous posts:

 

 

  • Consulting  - Research - Speaking  -  Training -  Writing
  • Strategy   -  Team development  -  Web 2.0  -  Change
  • Contact  me to  create  more  value  for  your  business
  • jon [dot] ingham [at] social [dash] advantage [dot] com

.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comment here (email me your comments if you have trouble and I will put them up for you)