Wednesday 2 April 2008

More coming soon

Sorry I've been out of touch for a while - apart from the recent link to the HR Carnival, it's been almost a week since I posted last.

As you may know, I've been busy chairing, presenting and facilitating, out in Singapore, and now Dubai, and have had lots of business meetings too. It's been busy, busy, busy!

(And I will admit that after the British Winter, the spare time that I've had has seemed a lot better taken up down at the pool than in my room on my laptop.)

Actually I knew blogging would be a problem, and this was one reason I've recently started Twittering (I've got a post on this to come). Those of you who view my blog rather than get my feed, can see my tweating there (or please follow me). But I've not been able to tweat as Twitter is banned here (and I've not yet fixed up to tweat from my phone). It's odd as Facebook and all the other common suspects seem to be thought OK.

But I can get into Blogger, and will begin to catch up soon - I've got loads of great stuff to come.

To those of you I've met on my trip (hello!), the additional information I promised is coming too.

Best wishes, Jon.

3 comments:

  1. Perhaps you should see if uttering is allowed (utterz.com)... It doesn't get the crowds that twitter does, but enables text and voice blogging - and isn't likely on the blocked list.

    Just so you don't have to leave the pool side!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for thinking about me!

    I'll take a look at it.

    Many thanks, Jon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem - just like you, I've been keenly aware of the growing number of intersections between HR and Web 2.0 applications... so that type of thing has been on my radar for a while.

    The response (a first for me) came in part because a co-worker had just been talking about his years of Twitter use, and let's face it - if it's Web 2.0, and it's been around for a few years, there's probably something more advanced available! It's just a matter of figuring out what's next...

    ReplyDelete

Please add your comment here (email me your comments if you have trouble and I will put them up for you)