I’m struggling to work out whether this is a really big deal, or not. It sort of feels like it is, largely because a good proportion of the people I follow on Twitter have been tweeting about it, whether they’re attending or not.
And I am looking forward to the unconference experience, and hopefully learning a few things about recruitment too. But what I’m really looking forward to is meeting more of the tweeters, and especially the bloggers, that I’ve been following over the last couple of years, and who I feel like I know well, even if we’ve never met.
Including, from the US:
- Steve Boese
- Laurie Ruettimann (who I have already had the pleasure of meeting once, albeit very briefly, at Kennedy’s recruitment conference)
- Trish McFarlane
- Jim Stroud
And from the UK:
- Matt Alder (yet again!)
- Gareth Jones (again)
- Mervyn Dinnen (again)
- Paul Harrison (again)
- Wendy Jacobs (again)
- Louise Triance
- Kathryn Robinson (finally!)
(The above are the people at TRU London I currently feel I know (some more than others) – I’m sure the list will change and grow significantly by the end of Friday! And sorry to those I meant to add in, but have very temporarily forgotten!)
Anyway, going back to my point, I’m also aware, that for the large majority of the people I know, and given I guess that most of the ‘marketing’ for the event has been done via social media, TRU won’t be anything they’ve heard of, or ever will. Which feels a bit strange.
So if you’ve not come across it, I’d encourage you to dip in, and see what it’s all about. There are various ways to do this, including:
- Follow the Twitter stream: http://twitterfall.com/trulondon
- And in the evening (GMT): http://twitterfall.com/trucurrytweetup
- Submit questions for the live lab on Twitter using hastag #TruLondon Q (and you can also answer questions using #TruLondon A )
- Listen and join in on the podcast shows:
I’ll also be blogging at least once on both days.
So, see you at the event; here; on a podcast; or on the Twitter stream!
- Consulting - Research - Speaking - Training - Writing
- Strategy - Talent - Engagement - Change and OD
- Contact me to create more value for your business
- jon [dot] ingham [at] strategic [dash] hcm [dot] com