Tuesday 18 September 2007

Back in Harrogate

It's a lovely, sunny day in Harrogate, and it feels good to be back.


I think I've been coming here, on and off, but mainly on, for about 15 years, ever since I did my CIPD exams. I've been to the conference maybe about 5 times and some of the sessions have been quite instrumental in my career choices. For example, Lynda Gratton's session on Living Strategy in 2000? was a major factor behind moving out of a line HR role and into strategic HR and then HCM consulting. So I'm really looking forward to Lynda's session on Hot Spots later.

I've also presented (at what used the be the fringe) - the last time in a session called the Coblers' Shoes where I launched a strategic approach to talent management for HR.

Other times I've been on an exhibition stand representing various consultancies. And if not, I have generally attended the exhibition as a visitor.

So it really is good to be back and it should be a good 3 days.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comment here (email me your comments if you have trouble and I will put them up for you)