Monday 17 September 2007

CIPD Show: Is it worth going? Would you rather eat your hat?


HR Zone has been asking whether the CIPD Show is worth going to.

Karen Russell, people director for Kentucky Fried Chicken, is quoted as saying:

"I went once and wasn't impressed. The things people talked about, they'd been doing for a long time. There was nothing cutting edge in my opinion and too much was covered; I find events that focus on one topic are more useful."


I think that's a bit harsh. The CIPD has missed me off the platform, that's true, but there are lots of interesting sessions planned. As I note for HR Zone,

"I'm a fan, and attend whenever I can. I don't know anywhere else that I could get to see the range of world-class speakers so cheaply."



OK, it's cheap for me as I won my tickets for free, but I'm a fan nevertheless. I'll be blogging from the conference (hopefully live) over the next 3 days.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comment here (email me your comments if you have trouble and I will put them up for you)