It’s the HR Technology Europe conference in Amsterdam today where I’ll be acting as emcee.
Just in time, Lexy Martin at CedarCrestone have provided a summary of the European data for their global HR Systems Survey I encouraged you to enter earlier this year.
This is the 14th time the company has run this survey which in the past has been mainly focused on North America. However nine percent of the 727 respondents are now from Europe which provides sound insights for this side of the pond as well.
Key conclusions include:
- European organisations have lower adoption of almost HR technologies
- Main areas of focus are HR systems strategy (good news, especially if this is supported by talent management strategy too) and talent management processes and automation
- European organisations are more focused than their US counterparts on using competency frameworks (supporting Ahmed Limam’s conclusions)
- There is less focus on the adoption of social media which has yet to enter the CedarCrestone’s list of the top ten activities for Europe (a shame as the company concludes that the outlook for growth of socially enabled HCM processes is ‘stupendous’)
- European companies aren’t seeing the reduction in HR administrative staff which accompanies the use of HR service delivery applications in the US (because of the additional complexity here?).
There’s a lot of opportunity here, particularly as CedarCrestone find that higher adoption of HR technology leads to (or supports) HR being seen as strategic and improvements in business performance eg in sales per employee, profit per employee and operating income growth – see picture. So I’m sure those organisations attending today’s conference will gain a lot of benefit from this.
There are some more interesting conclusions in the survey, which I may come back and report on again when I have more time. But do check out the report yourself at www.cedarcrestone.com/research.
- Consulting - Research - Speaking - Training - Writing
- Strategy - Talent - Engagement - Change and OD
- Contact me to create more value for your business
- jon [dot] ingham [at] strategic [dash] hcm [dot] com