- Engagement is a bucket of attributes that form part of a bigger bucket of human capital
- Because engagement is part of human capital, it’s not the same as satisfaction (it concerns an outcome rather that satisfaction with activities in the HCM value chain)
- It’s also of a higher level of value (adding value in the HCM value triangle)
- Engagement surveys provide a great basis for increasing engagement, particularly if they link satisfaction, engagement and business results
- But why not survey more of your human capital at the same time?
- Surveys are only the start of the process - you can also increase engagement by treating people as individuals (creating value)
- Following these ideas will ensure engagement isn’t just a woolly concept but is something that will have a very significant impact on your organisation.
If you’re working in an organisation, I hope you get a chance to explore some of these ideas. And if you want some help, let me know. A quick one-day diagnosis will give you a heads-up on where the opportunities lie, the potential benefits to be obtained from these opportunities, and some suggestions for actions you might want to take to achieve these benefits.
And if you’re based outside of the UK, and during the rest of April and May only, I’m also happy to come to you without charging any travel time. So get in touch…
(+44 1344 420 512, info [at] strategic [dash] hcm [dot] com).
- Consulting - Research - Speaking - Training - Writing
- Strategy - Talent - Engagement - Change and OD
- Contact me to create more value for your business
- jon [dot] ingham [at] strategic [dash] hcm [dot] com