It’s DBBB day 9 already, and I’m running behind. Fortunately, day 8’s and day 9’s tasks refer to things I already do anyway.
- Day 8 suggested interlinking old blog posts. Now I do link new to old blog posts fairly heavily already, and have started to add some new links to old posts as well. But I’m planning to go through all my posts, checking formats, existing links etc, particularly from the old days when I didn’t really know what I was doing (do I now?), so I’ll incorporate this challenge into that action plan.
- Day 9 suggests joining a forum. The challenge includes some good suggestions, and I can definitely make more of the forums I’m already part of, and especially the one that I’ve created!, but I thought the first thing for me to do might be to note down in one place all the open (vs invite only) HR forums / communities I am already part of (harder than it should be as although most of them are ning’s, I use different email addresses, so can’t see them all together). And I thought I should also share this with you.
|Human Capital (45 members). Small, select but very well formed.|
|Human Capitalists (511 members). From the Human Capital Institute.|
|Strategic Human Capital Management (72 members). Not associated with me, but a great name don’t you think!|
|The Employee Engagement Network (1078 members). |
A great resource.
|Talent Social (54 members). UK focused, talent management.|
|HRM Today Social Network (931 members). HR bloggers and others.|
|HR Professionals (661 members). Gautam Ghosh’s social network.|
|HRM: The Journal (931 members). An interesting mix of academics and professionals.|
I think I’m also a member of:
- Internal communication: The Communicators Network, My Ragan, Internal Communications
- Learning: Chief Learning Officer Network, Internet Time
- Recruitment: Recruiting Blogs, Talent Bar
- Other: Starr Tincup
I’ve not been at all proactive about joining forums, so I’m sure there are plenty more. Do you have any suggestions for other forums I should be part of?
See also this post on HR podcasts.
- Consulting - Research - Speaking - Training - Writing
- Strategy - Talent - Engagement - Change and OD
- Contact me to create more value for your business
- jon [dot] ingham [at] strategic [dash] hcm [dot] com