Monday 30 May 2011

Lumesse blogathon

 

  I’m one of three UK bloggers (with Bill Boorman and Peter Gold) invited to participate in a ‘blogathon’ supporting what was Stepstone’s recent rebranding.

We’ve been asked to write blog posts and other things based upon content supplied by them and interviews with their people etc - and the blogger with the most points from the following activity wins an ipad 2:

  • Own Blog post (4 points)
  • Guest blog post (4 points)
  • Tweets using hashtag (2 points)
  • Retweets (3 points)
  • YouTube video interview ( 5 points)
  • Presentations e.g. slideshare, screenr, prezi
  • Linkedin updates (2 points)
  • Linkedin discussions (3 points)
  • Linkedin discussion comments (2 points).

 

It’s an interesting idea, but I’m not participating – largely because I’ve been busy posting on other things over the last few weeks, meaning that I’m already well behind in the points ranking (Peter’s even written a book for them – I can’t even begin to guess how many points he’s earned for that!).

So this post is simply to note that I think it’s an interesting idea –and one that I hope catches on with other companies.

I also think it reinforces what I see as the shift in influence to the social world (see my last but one post).

So I’m sure it won’t take too long for someone to figure out a way of giving me an ipad!

 

 

  • Consulting - Research - Speaking  - Training -  Writing
  • Strategy  -  Talent  -  Engagement  -  Change and OD
  • Contact  me to  create more  value for  your business
  • jon  [dot] ingham [at] strategic [dash] hcm [dot] com .

.

2 comments:

  1. You consider a shift to new media driven by affordable influencing and purchasing of bloggers by corporations, to be a good thing?

    For the sake of the reliability and veracity of public knowledge, I hope you're wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks for commenting. You make a good and very appropriate challenge, but on balance, I still think so, yes. This blog is already sponsored and I don't think I could continue with it, or at least invest as much time as I do, without that support. It doesn't alter (and I don't think Lumesse's sponsorship would have altered) the points I write (though it may influence the amount of the writing). But then that's going to be the case anyway, eg I'm probably not going to criticise a company I think might be a client in the future (ie if I was going to criticise them I might just decide not to write about them). That's just life in social media, and I think most readers understand the differences to more professional journalism.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your comment here (email me your comments if you have trouble and I will put them up for you)