Tuesday 4 May 2010

More more social learning at informatology

 

   I was just being a participant, albeit a fairly active one, on the second day of informatology.  The choice was between some fairly traditional presentations by Great Places to Work, Nick Shackleton-Jones on video production and Jane Hart on social learning.  In the end, I spent most of the day with Jane and Karyn Romeis on social learning.

I think this was the right choice.  I’d love to know how to make video better, but the key challenge for most organisations remains getting people to post videos and other content, not how to raise their quality (a point supported by someone from BT who noted the challenge they had had in shifting thinking from the quality of lip synching etc to just getting stuff on their social learning site, Dare2Share: “they’re missing the point – we just need to get them sharing and collaborating”).

And definitely better than more butts in chairs (those sitting the third room know what I mean)!

 

See Jane Hart’s summary of the day:

 

Also see Craig Taylor’s thoughts on the day:

 

And these two recent articles on social learning and Dare2Share on XpertHR’s blog:

 

 

  • Consulting - Research - Speaking  - Training -  Writing
  • Strategy  -  Talent  -  Engagement  -  Change and OD
  • Contact  me to  create more  value for  your business
  • jon [dot] ingham [at] strategic [dash] hcm [dot] com

.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comment here (email me your comments if you have trouble and I will put them up for you)