Friday 31 August 2012

Workforce Planning is a Necessity…

 

    I was featured in this article in Training Journal earlier in the month…

 

‘Ingham suggests that we need to "redefine workforce planning" and said that taking a more creative approach is something we need to look at.

"Five years ago, we saw workforce planning as a very scientific-based way of planning based on analytics. It's still often the case but increasingly I'm suggesting we need to redefine workforce planning as something which is a more creative approach. Because of the rate of change, we need a broader picture and different scenarios.’

 

What I also talked about in the interview, though it doesn’t appear in the article, is WHY learning professionals in particular need to see workforce planning as a necessity.

My point here is that as WFP becomes more creative, shifting from staff numbers to major capabilities needs, it provides a new and useful focus for L&D.

I also think the areas identified through WFP will provide a new and useful hook for L&D provision as this otherwise gets harder to define, as we move away from delivery towards informal and social learning within organisational communities and teams.

 

The article was linked to my presentation at HR Performance in a couple of months time.

 

  • Consulting - Research - Speaking - Training - Writing
  • Strategy - Talent - Engagement - Change and OD
  • Contact me to create more value for your business
  • jon [dot] ingham [at] strategic [dash] hcm [dot] com

 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comment here (email me your comments if you have trouble and I will put them up for you)