Wednesday 12 December 2007

HR.com VIEW is underway


HR.com's virtual conference, VIEW, is underway, with an opening, pre-recorded address from Carly Fiorina.
Carly has been recounting her parents' disappointment when she dropped out of law school. I wish I'd been as brave when I was 18 to drop out of my engineering degree, and take up something I found more interesting. And when my daughters are 18, I'll celebrate if they make the same decision. I think this sort of proactiveness in shaping your career, including admitting when you've made a mistake (something I have learnt to do over the years) is one of the best indicators of potential leadership. And as Carly says, leaders are not born, but made.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to the rest of the conference. I'll be attending some of the other sessions and visiting some of the exhibition stands. If you join in, check if I'm around and do say hello. And remember my session on Global Trends and Differences at 3.50 pm ET.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comment here (email me your comments if you have trouble and I will put them up for you)