Tuesday 7 April 2020

Symposium / HR Review Webinar: Strategic HR



I've been a bit quiet here recently, but I've been busy, and I don't know how much longer I'll be busy for, so I've wanted to focus on my current work for as long as I can.

But anyway, so far, not that much has changed - for me. I've been delivering virtually for an increasing amount of my work over the last five years, and this has suddenly now become 100%, but it's just a quantitative rather than a qualitative shift. So far.

Which I'm hoping will continue. I run my own company, which my wife also works through, and we just pay ourselves a minimal salary and take most of our earnings as dividends. So none of the billions being poured into furloughing etc are going to help us much, if work does dry up.

Still, we're safe and well, which remains our priority at the moment. I hope all regular or passing readers of this blog are fit and healthy too.


And business is changing - dramatically and hugely quickly. So if you need any support with that, give me a call.


Anyway, one of my main face-to-face activities over the last five - actually nearly ten years has been delivering training courses on different strategic HR topics with Symposium. That's well over 200 conducts and 2500 people trained now.

And doing that, at least, can't go on. So we're switching to deliver the planned sessions through to June online. Rather than the more traditional Adobe Connect, GoToTraining or Zoom Webinar type approaches, we're using BrightTalk, which Symposium / HR Review have already been using for their webinars.

This will make interactivity a little challenging, but we'll find ways to make it work.

As an introduction to the trainings and the technology, we've pre-recorded this session on Strategic HR. This is something I often talk about on many of my courses, so doing it this way enables me to taken the value triangle and value chain as understood, and move on to how these are applied within different topics.

Being more strategic is also an important priority at the moment, to help businesses optimise their current transformations.

However, in the webinar I suggest that most of how we think about strategic HR just isn't. And so we need to revisit and rethink. So do take a look, and if you think it would be appropriate, book for one of the courses too.

You do need to register with BrightTalk but they've got lots of other great content (including the other HR Review webinars) you can then check out too.

And let me know what you think...



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comment here (email me your comments if you have trouble and I will put them up for you)