- A new leadership paradigm, part 2 (live blog)
- Sharon Doherty on Beyond business partnering
- Kevin White and Stephen Lehane on Leading the HR function
- Looking forward to A new leadership paradigm
- Nick Shackleton-Jones and Using social media at CIPD09 (the photos and the tweet-up)
- Clare Marriott on Beyond engagement
- Next generation HR (not!)
- Emmanuel Gobillot on Leadershift
- Jim Collins on the Quest for greatness
- HR conferences.
I hope you enjoy the posts, and the conference (whether you attended in person or through the tweets / posts).
I’m still going to put up a summary of the conference, but I’ve got no doubt about my main take-away: social media’s here and it’s not going away.
And iIn their session, Christine Bamford and Paul Schanzer from the National Leadership and Innovation Agency for Healthcare (NHS Wales) even referred to their system for innovative mentoring (MeSpace) based on MySpace.
Of course social media was present throughout the conference thanks to ‘the gang’.
As an aside, I was touched to have my own use of social media referred to by several of the speakers too:
- References to my tweets and this blog as well as the only partly accurate accusation that I don’t have life! (thank you Emmanuel!)
- A reference to my live blogging of the final keynote (thanks Shaa)
- Thanks for taking the conference to the masses (I’m sure Vicky Wright really meant to thank me and the gang for this!).
I think the implication of all this is that HR’s got to get much more familiar with social media. Have a look at the quiz Nick Shackleton-Jones used (pictured, and also available here). Then think about what technologies you should be more acquainted with if you’re going to influence your current and future workforce in the new era of total transparency.
Scoring the quiz:
- 0-1 point – Baby Boomer
- 2-6 points – Generation Jones
- 6- 12 points – Generation X
- 12 points or over – Generation Y
(I got 21 which has shot up from about 6 soon after Penelope Trunk did her post – so it doesn’t take that long to get it sorted.)
- Consulting - Research - Speaking - Training - Writing
- Strategy - Talent - Engagement - Change and OD
- Contact me to create more value for your business
- jon [dot] ingham [at] strategic [dash] hcm [dot] com